Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Watch the Movie --- of your LIFE

Yesterday I was watching Dil Chahata Hai. As I was watching the movie and getting engrossed in it, I started thinking about the character Amir Khan was playing and got completely involved in the movie. Then after some time the movie ended.

Later a thought came to my mind. When the movie was going on, I was thinking about he movie. Most of my thoughts were the movie thoughts. It was as if I forgot who I was and started relating with the characters in the movie. But now I am thinking about the myself and the world surrounding me.

So what is the difference between the thoughts related to the characters in the movie and the thoughts related to this identity 'Aditya'. Aren't both these thoughts of similar kind. Don't I get emotional or laugh when certain scenes play in the movie. And similarly don't I get emotional or rejoice when certain events take place in my life.

So is it fair enough the conclude that even our life is a movie. A slightly long movie - longer than Dil Chahata Hai. But still it is a movie.

I found one common factor though between me watching Dil Chahata Hai and me watching my LIFE. That common factor was myself, the witness. And so I think that if I find this witness or know this witness, I might be able to know myself as the eternal witness who is beyond these movies that are playing all the time.

So I decided to dedicate reasonable amount of time in this quest to discover this witness and enjoy all the movies in PEACE and BLISS

No comments: