Friday, March 7, 2008

The Self

Whence from this has come
Whence will this go
Nobody knows
Because there is nobody

All that is seen
Is the seer itself
How can seen exist
Without the volition of the seer

Seer rises with the body's birth
And sets with the body's death
After that there is no seer
Because there is no seen

All the drama of life
Is nothing but a play
Of that indivisible truth
In the form of consciousness

Body is a vehicle of consciousness
Without the body what is consciousness
When the body is not
There is no consciousness

What remains then
Is it nothing
Who knows that its nothing
God bet you, its ME

I am here always
Shining in my own glory
I need no body
Nor i need consciouness

I am not this or that
I dont know what I am
All I can say in words
Is that "I am"

But "I am" is insufficient
To describe my state
How can a experience
Give testimony for existence

No comments: