Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Transformation not a factor of time

It has been conventionally believed that transformation is a factor of time. We think that by doing some action now, we can become something else tomorrow. In order to transform or change, we believe that time plays an important role and its a process in time that brings about a transformation. 

The ego is a function of time. And ego persists in time and creates this illusion of time. And all our effort has been carried out in time alone. The ego believes strongly that its effort in time can result in a transformation of itself where it ceases to exist. In short ego is trying to kill itself continuously in time.

We need to understand here that ego has a survival instinct. And it can never really kill itself as its against its own nature. It has no gains in killing itself. It thrives on its existence and affirmation of its being. And all spiritual quest has been carried out by the ego. It thinks that its going to achieve something grand, something spectacular. So in this whole process of seeking, the ego does everything else except giving up itself. 

Let me give you an example. Lets say, I tell you that ego needs to give up. And only then realization comes forth. The ego will understand this as a concept, an idea and try to implement on this. It will always ask a question...how am I supposed to do it. What should I do? Give me a task and I will get it done. Should I meditate or should I contemplate or should I try to be aware. And I just smile at these questions as they were my questions too. These are the questions of every seeker. 

And there is no clear answer. All I can say is there is nothing you can do to achieve it. Absolutely nothing. The question what should I do is meaningless. Sorry, you cannot do anything. And this understanding is enough. After that if something happens its grace. If nothing happens, who cares? There is nobody waiting for something to happen, isn't it?

Like to quote the late Allan W Anderson's poem.....

Silent as a petal’s power. Silken as the rain. Love unbinds the ancient knot. Time interlaced in vain - Allan W. Anderson

No comments: